Below is the procedure for charging the credit cards in the Bookkeeper program:
Step 1: Applying for Merchant Account
Before you can accept a credit card payment through Bookkeeper, you need to establish a Merchant Account with LinkPoint through Cardservice International.
To apply for a merchant account, make sure that you are connected to the internet. Open the Bookkeeper program, click on "Banking | Merchant Account | Merchant Account" and then click on the "Apply Now" button. This will bring up the Cardservice International web site. On the web site, click the "Apply for Merchant Account" link and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your Merchant Account application.
Step 2: Setting Up Bookkeeper
After your Merchant Account application is approved, you will receive email messages from LinkPoint containing the Merchant Account information that you need to enter in Bookkeeper. The required information is contained in the "Welcome to LinkPoint(R) Connect" email.
- Open Bookkeeper and, if needed, choose the company that you will be using to process credit card payments.
- Open the Banking menu and choose Merchant Account to open the Company Options dialog.
- Click the Merchant Account tab and enter your Store Name and the User ID from the information in the LinkPoint email.
- Verify that the LinkPoint Connect Posting URL matches the one listed in this email message.
- Click OK to close the dialog and save your settings.
- Close the Bookkeeper program and open it again. You should now be able to process the credit cards.