With your database program, you have complete control over which record(s) you want to print and how many of each record you want to print out. Below are some instructions for printing a specific set of records from your program:
How to select to print multiple records:
- Open your database program and open the database you wish to print with.
- Activate the design you wish to print on the Output Forms tab.
- Go to the Data Table tab. You will see rows and columns of data you have typed. Each row is information for one data record and each column is data for that specific data field. Each record row is preceded by a number on the left representing that record's placement in the current sort.
- Highlight the records you want to print. Do this by holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard and then left-clicking on each of the record rows for the records you want to print. You need to hold down the CTRL key as you make multiple selections to ensure that your selections stay highlighted. The entire row for each record you select should become highlighted.
- When you are done selecting records, go to the File menu and select Print, then choose to print the Active Output Form.
- The Print dialog will appear. Set the option in the bottom-left for Print Range to be Selected Records in Data Table.
- Now, set the option in the bottom-right for Number of copies to be "1". This will print each record you have selected one time.
Note:This number is NOT the number of "sheets", but the number of times you want the data record to print each label, envelope or card.
- Insert your label sheet or mail pieces into your printer and click the Print button to begin printing.