Depending on the version of Bookkeeper, there may be 2 options for printing checks.
I. Printing Checks Using Pre-Printed Check Stock from NEBS or Deluxe
Bookkeeper checks can be printed on pre-printed check stock, with the Company name, MICR line, and check number already on the paper.
To determine the type and style of check you have selected to be printed, go to Company and select Check Setup menu.
You can change check types at any time but all checks printed will use the same type that is set at the time of printing. You cannot mix and match check types.
Compatible check types:
These can be purchased from:
The portions that Bookkeeper will print on the check are:
- Payroll information
The portions that DO NOT print on the check, which need to be ordered pre-printed on the check are:
- MICR line
- Bank Name
- Fractional Number
- Check Number
- Design elements, boxes, lines, etc
II. Printing Checks using CheckDesigner
Depending on the version of Bookkeeper, your version may have come with the CheckDesigner software. It is also possible to use the CheckDesigner program to print checks from Bookkeeper.
Note: Bookkeeper 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, or 188.8.131.52 versions cannot use CheckDesigner, so you must upgrade to 4.0 or use the first method from above..
If you will use CheckDesigner, here is the general procedure:
- Purchase blank check stock available from the link below:
(Please note only the Voucher and Standard Business can be used with Bookkeeper).
- Install CheckDesigner from the Bookkeeper CD.
- Use CheckDesigner to create an account and design a compatible template.Go to Help and then CheckDesigner Help in the CheckDesigner Help menu for more details on how to do this. Only compatible style check templates can be used, blank checks will not appear in the MyDesigns window when printing.
- Setup Bookkeeper to print to the "CheckDesigner" virtual printer. Open Bookkeeper and click Company and then Check Setup to use this printer.
- Print from Bookkeeper to the "CheckDesigner Printer" rather than your physical printer(s).