In order to correct/reverse an applied payment to your invoice, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the "Payments" tab
- Select the name of the customer from the drop down list
- Click on the "Payment History" button
- Select the wrong payments entered and click on the "Remove from Payment History" button
- Click "Yes" to the confirmation and press "Ok"
- Now click on the "Distribution" section next to the invoice which needs to be corrected
- Enter the amount in negative. For example if you are making a correction of $50, then in the distribution section you should enter -50.
- Click once in the "Payment" field. This will activate the "Apply Payment" button.
- Click on "Apply Payment".
This will correct your payments.