Below is the procedure for upgrading Bookkeeper from version 3.0.x to 18.104.22.168
First you need to uninstall Bookkeeper 3.0.x:
Note: This will not delete your data that you have entered, it will leave your database where it is.
- Click Start and go to Control Panel .
- Click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Locate Bookkeeper in the list of installed programs, it may be listed more than once.
- Highlight the "Bookkeeper" entry and click Change/Remove or Add/Remove to begin the uninstall.
- Uninstall all versions of Bookkeeper in the Add/Remove programs list one at a time.
- Once all versions of Bookkeeper have been uninstalled and there are no more listings of Bookkeeper in the Add/Remove list, close out of this window.
- Restart your computer.
Next, you will need to install Bookkeeper 22.214.171.124:
- Once rebooted, place the 4.0 installation CD in your drive and begin the installation.
- Click Next and step through the process of installing Bookkeeper version 4.0.
- Once completed, double click on the Bookkeeper icon on your Desktop and it will prompt you to update your database, choose Yes.
- Once the database is updated this will close the program out.
- Now double click on the Bookkeeper icon on your Desktop and it will open up the program into the new version.
- Click Help and then go to About to verify that you have version 126.96.36.199 installed.
At this point, you may need to update your tax tables. You can purchase the latest Tax Tables from our website: