When you install and run Bookkeeper for the first time, you will be prompted to create a password. It is important that you remember this password, as the company file will not open without it being entered. We are unable to reset this password, if you forgot or lost it. If the password is lost, the only thing that can be done at that point is to re-install the program and re-create the company file. Of course, this means that you will lose all previously saved data.
Here are directions on how to re-install the program and re-create the company file:
WARNING: This will remove all of your previously saved company data. Please only perform these steps if you are certain that you will be unable to determine the password.
- Close Bookkeeper if it is currently running.
- Click on the Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Select the Add/Remove Programs option.
- Select Bookkeeper from the list of programs and click the Remove button.
- Complete the steps to uninstall the program.
- Once it is uninstalled, close all windows.
- Double-click on the My Computer icon on your Desktop.
- Double-click on your C:\ drive.
- Double-click on the Program Files folder.
- Double-click on the MySoftware folder.
- Right-click the Bookkeeper folder.
- Select the Delete option from the pop-up menu.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm deletion of the folder.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall Bookkeeper once the computer finishes restarting.